Sunday, May 13, 2012

6 Days post op = Thank you's and a BBQ

Ha, I guess most of you thought I'd stop  running my blogging mouth because the surgery has come and gone?  Goal has NOT been met people.. so pay attention closely. :)  I've started a support group page on FB   Gastric By Pass/ Sleeve Surgery & Lap Band of Vermont  
Click the title or the little Earth to go.
~~~~~~>  For those of you who missed the final weigh in.  297! Yeah baby. I hit my goal weight loss that had originally set for m and then some!  331 to 297! :)  


This journey over the past few days has been amazing and emotional.  You know me, cant get away from those emotions..  The support from my immediate family has overwhelmed me. I am truly blessed!  it has reared some feelings from a few about my pending appearance changing, but like I have to remind myself .. the inside is still gonna be phat and sassy no matter how you break it down.  The outside will be now match the inside vs being FAT and sassy :)  I have to be mindful of how my friends are going to react to me when they see me, how and I'm going to react to their reactions?  Its simple really.  I'm the same me, just a whole lot healthier!   There is no immediate change as of today.. it doesn't transform you that quick, its not like plastic surgery! :) 


I've set several huge goals for myself to meet by July of  2013 !. 
 1. Hike Hunger or Worcester mountain without getting out of breath with my boys! :) 
2.  Run the Sap Run.
3.  Run the 4th of July 5k in Montpelier.
4. Learn how to Love Shopping again.
5.  Learn how to Snowboard!


    Great success yesterday at my first real food event. There was a ton of it.  I have decided to                  .  trade one food habit for another.  "Those who cant eat, FEED!"  I did it. Our first summer BBQ   .      sans alcohol (the narcotics filled that gap).  LOL.  I will admit I got more satisfaction watching  ,    everybody chow down on the food I prepared (with Peyton & Keisha's help) yesterday than if I           .      actually had eaten myself.  My tomato soup was just as filling with my main guy on the grill :)  Taco Salad, Pasta Salad, Tuna/ Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad, Burgers, Hamburg Dogs, hot dogs,   .    chicken. Pickles (JUICE FOR ME :)) and chips!  It was a day. i went to bed fulfilled and tired!  




BTW, for those of you who did text me, or called me (and there were allot) I answered one phone call and a few text messages.  sorry for not responding.  Anesthesia, Tordol and Morphine would not allow me to keep my eyes open long enough.  Without using a general thank you for those who have supported along the way. I need to point people out this week, without your help and support,  I couldn't have made it.  


.
Thank you to my children for always being the driver behind the new me, without even realizing it.   Keisha for your worrying now about me taking your closet full of clothes and being in constant blowupmom'sphone via text messages while I  was in the hospital to make sure mama was good.  Victoria, i felt your presence ever so strongly while I was in the hospital know just how much you hate them, but allowed me to rest with ease.  Kohl, never expressing grave concern, but loving me anyway and measuring my inches lost by how far around your arms would/ still go around my waist.  and  William, my own personal nurse.  You have been great with all the medical stuff and the awesome conversations about all of this, for changing the gross bandage and looking excited at the JP drain tube.  You always make me laugh when you say in the coolest, calmest serious voice, "COOL drain".


Thank you to my two closest of friends who kept over my littlest while I began this journey, Telia and Renee. Thank you for making sure he posted to me and letting me get a peek of what he was up to while you had him :) <3 this will never be able to be repaid.  


Thank you to my cousin Shelly, who only discovered I was on this adventure a few months ago and has been a huge supporter since your  day one and for the beautiful flowers in the hospital.  i love you.


My partners in crime (so to speak)  Julie and staci!  This journey is an adventure and I'm right here beside both of you when its your time! <3


Thank you to those that text, emailed, called, and face booked me.... That list is lengthy, but I will try: Lacey, S Vic-Vick hooray, Wendy, Aunt Sandy, Ben, Pickle, Maureen, Katie, Ma Tante Jeanne, Aunt Loretta, Bibbit, Donna, my in-laws Donna and Bill, She-She, Ms. Judy, Kristina,  Darla, Martha, AZ, the famous BrandonKennedy, Chrissy White, Cheri, Jules Dow,  and Betsy!  PHEW! I hope that is everybody. . If I've forgotten you I'm sorry!.


A special thank you ,  mom. You have been right behind me from the very start and never wavered ever. I know you, too were apprehensive, but I made it though :)  You gave me the will power to move and now I'm movin it.  I will persevere and continue on!  I love you Mom!


and last but not least (cuz I'm sure I've forgotten somebody) Matthew... You have been my non stop (NOT ONCE) constant in all of this.  You didn't make the decision, but you made it easier for me to make them. Without your support, riding my ass, pushing to do it the right way, kicking me in the ass when i wanted to give up (and we both know the tears of defeat were there several times), for sitting 15 hours in the hospital with my pink/ white lunch bag full of MY pink stuff waiting for me, for being so attentive and caring when I just wanted to quit, for giving me  that "look" of  i got you..  With you, I could have done it, but having you by my side for every rocky step of the preceding chapters made is so much easier!  I love you.


Stay tuned.. two week post op pics will be posted..


<3 you all!.

No comments:

Post a Comment