Monday, July 25, 2011

Month #2 - No Such Luck

Today was my second appointment and Matt went with me. Weigh in:............ 331 :( ! Oh NO! Not the way I envisioned this appointment going considering, but when it comes down to it. THEIR scales are the only ones that counts.   I saw the RNP, Deb and the Dietician, Eileen.  Both are so awesome.

Eileen seemed a little concerned with the increased in weight gain of 3 pounds and as was I likewise.  I expressed to her that 1600 calories a day was TOO much, so together we agreed no less than 1000, but no MORE than 1500.  I can do this.  She also made it clear I was to have MORE fruits and veggies. *SIGH*..  Ok, but I get sick of eating apples and bananas for breakfast and as most of you know me, I expressed this.
She advised me that I could eat veggies with my Yogurt if I so chose to :)  Here we are now, simple as simple can get.  1.  Lean Protein at EVERY meal.  2. a fruit or veggie at EVERY meal.  3. MORE water. 4. More "structured" walking. NO MORE STARTCHES!
When I questioned why I wasn't advised this on the first visit, it was simply stated, we needed to see how you eat and then we needed to fix it so you eat like WE want you to ,.  :D  DONE. I can do this!  Right?!

On to Deb the RNP.  Skinny little thing she is...... I wonder why they put all the skinny people in the "Fat People Clinic" (as I call it). .LOL.. anyway, we reviewed my medical history extensively.  Not ONCE did she mention my weight, which I found odd, but none the less we talked about the upcoming testing and classes I must attend and complete.  WHAT A List....
1. Support Group meeting
2. Behavioral Class with the Shrink
3. Nutrition class (with a QUIZ)
4.  Endoscopy (8/2)
5. Post Op nutrition class.

All in all, the visit to start out with was very discouraging, but ended with LOTS of encouragement. :)

Thanks for following :)

2 comments:

  1. Bon... i just want to say how PROUD I am of you for doing this!! You go girl... dont get frustrated... just keep at it!
    Love you
    Me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a tough road..... but such a necessary one. I also have wondered why the skinny people work at the "fat girl" clinic (as I have been there myself). DO you think they sneak sandwiches when no one is watching?

    Here for you Bon.... keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete