Monday, June 27, 2011

Let the Journey Begin

So I have decided to move forward with Gastric Bypass Surgery and I've also decided to create a blog so that my family and friends can follow me as I move along through this life changing journey over the next 8 months.
I will detail my visits, follow my weight and my days/weeks here.

June 23rd visit .  Today was my first visit with the Bariatric Clinic at Fletcher Allen with Dr.Firgione.  It was actually the one of two visits I will have with the surgeon and the THIRD visit I had with the clinic.  The first one was informational and the second was a psych evaluation..

Today, i  weighed in at 328.4.  Alarming and shocking as you all probably are, this is the heaviest I have ever been.

Dr. Firgione explained both the Gastric ByPass surgery (GBP) and the Gastrectomy Sleeve procedure.  It appears that I will most benefit from the GBP.  After listening to all the risks and benefits, I was even more sure that this was what I needed to do to get healthy.
Surgery is an aid. Not the Goal.

I then met with Eileen, the nutritionist.  She told me 1500 calories a day and 30 mins of exercise is my daily goal.   This will allow me to lose 32 pounds prior to the surgery. Should be easy right?  We shall see.

I post this to share my feelings of all of what is going on and for your support.  I don't want to be judged for my decisions. I want positive feedback.
B

2 comments:

  1. I think you are beautiful no matter... but go on and get 'er done and I'll watch you shrink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow "fluffy" (I've lost 50 lbs and have another 50 to go!) I'll watch you shrink, too!

    {{hugs}} we're there for ya!

    ReplyDelete